Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How are they related?

Okay, I%26#039;ll explain this as best I can.





Let%26#039;s say, D and B are brothers. D has a son, R, who has a daughter, K. B only has one son, A.





So, how are K and R related to A? I know A and R are cousins, and I would think K would be considered A%26#039;s cousin as well, but I would like some confirmation.
How are they related?
Ok R and A are cousins (first cousins). But K and A are considered second cousins.
How are they related?
R %26amp; A are first cousins. K %26amp; A are first cousins once removed. If A had a child, her or she would be second cousin to K.





See http://www.genealogy.com/16_cousn.html for a better explanation.
Reply:R and A are first cousins.


K and A are first cousins once removed.


When A has a child, that child and K will be 2nd cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment